We're Dynamo, a digital design agency based in Montreal. We want to make an addition to our cozy and committed crew of coders. As a UI engineer, you’d work on bringing designs to life; craft, maintain and scale rich codebases; and team up with you colleagues to produce quality work.
You can’t stop talking about how to better name your CSS classes? You relish the idea of starting a new project with the latest framework around? You love to contribute to design and find ways to bring it to an whole other level? You won’t rest until you find the perfect to make your workflow better? If so, this job description might very well have been written for you!
What we're looking for:
- T-shaped web-development skills, with a deep understanding of web design’s best practices, a curious mind, and will to learn every day;
- A team worker and someone who is good at communicating ideas to clients and colleagues;
- Experience with unit and integration testing (mocha/karma/jasmine/etc.) will also give you a lot bonus points;
- Experience with Ruby and Rails is a big plus;
- A good eye for design and UX would be super sweet as well, as we like to build shiny and functional things;
- Familiarity with agile methodologies, especially Scrum or Kanban, would be cool;
- Experience with pair-programming would be neat, but not required;
- A good comprehension of French is a also bonus.
What to expect:
- Working in a wonderful team, each of whom care equally about the quality of their work and the well-being of their colleagues;
- Working on cool products for a wide gamut of clients;
- A remote-friendly workplace—we have team members spotted across the globe;
- Competitive salary and profit-sharing plan;
- Comprehensive health benefits;
- An annual professional-development budget;
- Catered lunches and myriad caffeination options.
If this sounds like your cup of tea, send us an email outlining your qualifications, and share a cool story with us: a nifty refactoring you executed; or a clever solution to a challenging problem; or even a tough situation that taught you a valuable lesson; or simply some new technologies or websites that make you salivate. Include the word "jazz" in your email and send it to email@example.com.