User Experience Director
We’re Dynamo, a digital design agency based in Montreal. We want to make an addition to our Experience team by hiring an experienced User Experience Director.
The UX Director must have an intuitive feeling for the way products should work, and a deep understanding of research and best practices of what users want when it comes to digital products. They will be involved with each and every project from the start – both overseeing and participating in the process from research, strategy development, concepting, design and the implementation phases. This person is a team player, a skilled leader and a client partner, all rolled into one. They should be decisive, and excited to lead their team forward – someone who will never tire of pushing our work and processes forward. In addition to shaping the User Experience department, the UX Director will work closely with the UX Researcher(s) and Designer(s), as well as Art Directors and UI Engineering Directors across all stages of a project.
WHAT YOU’LL BE ACCOUNTABLE FOR:
- Leading, managing and holding team members accountable on the UX team
- The integration of a human-centered, forward-thinking, iterative UX process on a global and project level
- The management and implementation of UX intelligence and metrics on a global and project level
- Outlining the information architecture that details how users flow through the site and how information is surfaced and categorized in order to drive and facilitate customer decision-making
- Examining and validating all product decisions through the lens of accessibility on a project level
WHAT TO EXPECT:
- You will be responsible for aligning goals and expectations by defining and measuring objectives based on our client’s desires and our user’s needs.
- You will be expected to elevate the company’s profile in the global UX community by entering relevant awards, attending conferences and engaging in public speaking/networking opportunities.
- You will set and maintain the high standard for all UX department output.
- You will break down and re-frame problems by providing the right objectives and resources that empower the user experience team to solve these challenges in interesting, research-driven and unique ways.
- You will be heavily involved in all aspects of UX output on a project – from overseeing the development of personas, usability testing efforts, journey maps, wireframes, visual renderings and prototypes – as well as information architecture, the implementation of UX intelligence metrics, researching current trends, new methodologies and much more.
- You will help translate business strategies down to UX activities (and vice versa).
- You will help, mentor, elevate and review UX team members.
- We provide the opportunity to work in a wonderful team, where each person cares about the quality of their work and the wellbeing of their colleagues;
- You’ll have the chance to work on cool products for a variety of interesting, forward-thinking clients;
- Dynamo is a remote-friendly workplace – we have team members spotted across the globe;
- Competitive salary and profit sharing plan;
- Comprehensive health benefits;
- An annual professional development budget;
- Catered lunches and a myriad of caffeination options
If this sounds like your cup of tea, send us an email outlining your qualifications, and share an interesting, relevant story that highlights your experience: a particular UX challenge you overcame, how you’ve scaled a team before or even a tough situation that taught you a valuable lesson. Please include the word ‘popsicle’ in your email, along with a portfolio of interesting, pertinent case studies and send it to email@example.com.